Anyone running Divebombs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running Divebombs?

I am looking for opinions on the divebomb headless snows. I want to add some off the tall stake decoys to use around my hunters and would like to hear some first hand reviews.

I have several hundred headed Divebomb's. I like them. They seem to be slightly better quality than a Silosock which is my primary sock decoy. I like that the stake folds in, but in truth, most of the time I pack them with it extended. I think the movement in the field is better; they don't thrash in the wind. They are slightly heavier than the Silosock and I can get only 2/3rds as many in a Deadly bag as the Silosocks. I like the blue goose print pattern and the general look of the decoy in the field better than most other socks.

Comment

Divebomb socks and silos are the only goose decoys I've bought for several years. This years sock is the third generation with improvements made each time.

Comment

The guys I hunt with have a few hundred. We run them with skyflys and both deploy similar and they seem good. Divebomb wire stakes gets a little more bob in the wind than a skyfly and push into ground easier. But also wears a hole in mud and starts to lean more if a lot of bouncing occurs (similar to a sillosock), than a skyfly with fiberglass stakes.

I think they had some issues with the pins in the backbones coming out, the pin that holds the backbone onto the stake. Hopefully they fixed that, but I haven't heard.

Comment

The flocked black and white honker decoys look amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X