• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a heck of a deal...

https://www.davesmithdecoys.com/prod...combo-10-pack/

Full body guys should jump on this!

Comment

I bought 1 box to help cheapen up the other box I got a few weeks before the sale. Free shipping helped out too. Now if they just get the snows in with the same deal, wow I would be all set. Afraid I will end up paying regular price on those though being they are out of stock now. Anxious to get them out and see if they make a difference in a micro set.

Qac

Comment

Trying to keep our full body stakes to just one or two kinds. I would pick up a bunch of these, but hate having different types of stakes everywhere.

Comment

Hard to resist that considering EVAC's are 179/doz !

Comment

Originally posted by Cornstalks View Post
            Hard to resist that considering EVAC's are 179/doz !
            I couldn't resist it. My ten may never see the field and be showcase decoys in my garage... Can't wait to get them in my hands to inspect.....
            Last edited by Brobones; 12-21-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Cornstalks
              Cornstalks commented
              Editing a comment
              Neither could I. If I don't go out the front door Christmas eve, I can open it on Christmas day and see that Santa brought me a present.

Wow. They even have rusty heads!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201222_164609.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	629.7 KB
ID:	17028 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201222_164812.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	985.7 KB
ID:	17029 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201222_164706.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	17030

Comment

They are a very nice decoy. Lots of subtle touches. Not sure that the geese can pick up on any of that but it will make you look pretty hard to find the live bird in amongst the fakes I bet.

Qac

Comment

I ordered the new Dave Smith Snows today. ! went with 2 Combo packs. They are supposed to arrive mid to late March ish so it will be a little dicey if I receive them in time to get a spread in the field this spring. I should be able to if they get to me by April 1st ish. I think a few late juvies will still be around, at least I hope so. They have actually lowered the price of all the Snow and Blue decoys to $299.99 which is a help combined with a few minor improvements. Shipping is still expensive but at least I made that up in the cost of the decoys being lower.

Well now I just gotta wait it out. Only about 3 feet of snow to melt down with temps barley above the freezing mark. At least we have some sun predicted. Oh and 2-4 more inches of wet snow on tap for tomorrow just for fun

Qac

Comment

• Cornstalks
                  Cornstalks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just set out my 2 dozen blues I got on sale at 199. Wow they look great! The contrast in realism to a sock is so much I made sure I separated them a good ways from them.

I finally got my Snow combo packs about 2 weeks ago. They look great and I am excited to have them. Unfortunately, they came too late and I could not get out a full micro spread of Dave Smith;s this year. Oh well, they are packed nicely in the trailer and will see their first action in North Dakota this fall I hope. I have been thinking(day dreaming) on how I want to set up my spread this fall. I have 3 varieties of decoys now. About the same quantity of each. I have GHG, FA and now the DSD;s. I am thinking of setting 3 separate groups or sections with the Dave Smiths placed where I want to shoot birds at. I might add some fully flocked GHG Canada's in family groups on the edges for extra pop and to bulk up the spread. With everything out I will have a small spread of a little less than 200. Hopefully if we do our job and scout the right spot and are able to hide really well we should be able to get a few in nice and close.

Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions? I only have almost six months to day dream something up.

Qac

Comment

• Kansasgoose
                  Kansasgoose commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My suggestion would be to sell all the GHG and FA blues if and when the DSD blues go on sale again. If I had been in your situation, I would have just done this when the DSD blues hit $199. I would then buy all the blues you wanted in DSD, and then mixed all the snows of all brands in with them. I don't see a huge difference in the snows, but the DSD blues do seem to be spot on. I think going GHG Snows and DSD blues would be the most ideal mix, and would help keep cost down some vs an all DSD spread.

• Wapiti
                  Wapiti commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Qac, assuming you are NOT selling decoys to buy more decoys, If and this is a big if, I would set them up in a half moon, horse shoe type of group. I would set your beloved DS decoys at the top of the spread and run the GHG down one wing and the FA's down the other. I would space your decoys out and you can even make your family groups if you want. But make that spread look as big as possible. I would add a few quality wind socks in all three areas to get some movement.

Thanks fellas, a couple of good suggestions. Every thing I own is for sale for the right price. I don’t think I will actively try to sell them though. I am keeping an open mind on spread formation so thanks for the thoughts on that. All most likely depends on wind and hide. I hope to have both in just the right amount.

Qac

Comment

• Cornstalks
                  Cornstalks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't forget the speck decoys!
              Working...
              X