clean decoys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean decoys

do you wash your decs before season?i like mine to really pop in the field.i have heard of pros gettin new every other year.i also run a high %of blues.a strong third. fullbodies 80%wind socks 20% .all fulls angled to the wind so they catch more wind and show a better profile.bad dog

I have to admit I used to. I think I only did it once and I was; Screw it...

Comment

Dirty decoys are juvies.

Comment

I did it one time. Took all of them apart and washed bags in the washer 35 at a time. Any more than that and they didn't get clean. I had bags hanging everywhere on improvised clothes lines. Then I repainted quite a few/ Then the task of reassembling/ They'd have to be pretty muddy before I did it again. I do try to keep mud from getting on them in the field and usually wipe the stakes when I'm picking up on my pant leg

Comment

• Wapiti
          Wapiti commented
          Editing a comment
          Took them apart? Oh my! You must be one of those perfectionists I keep hearing about!

• Cornstalks
          Cornstalks commented
          Editing a comment
          Can perfectionists be considered insane? That might be closer to the mark

• Wapiti
          Wapiti commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure that would be the first step to insanity!

I like to keep my gear clean so usually wash them after the season throughout the spring and summer has time permits drinking beer and working on the tan.

If I'm lucky, the mig spread decoys dont need a wash while the feed spread usually needs a wash depending on how often/muddy those conditions are.

Fulls/shells get washed in a big sled and I just wash them by hand and I'll wipe down the socks with a wet rack by laying them on the deck.

Comment

I like keeping my decoys clean. WIth a semi-permanent spread it's a little easier. In the grass around a pond it makes it even easier to keep them clean. As the season winds down and the lulls increase, I will walk around the spread and take the decoys that are blood and goose crap splattered to wash them off in the pond. Amazing how many get covered with this and need to be cleaned off..

Comment

I used to do it when i had only 400-500. i'd get a big tub of soapy water and a sponge and give each one a scrubbing to get as much mud off that i could but that was a huge pain in my opinion. i'll be 50 later this year i'm probably not going to wash decoys ever again if i can help it except for a few that get dropped in the mud.

Comment

It seemed to be bigger deal to me when the full bodies got muddy because I had so much invested in them. It was like; Oh hell no I gotta clean that shit off!!” Turns out the Snowgeese could care less...

Comment

its a thing of social stacher for my geese,they wouldnot be caught dead in a dirty spread.he he he... bad dog

Comment

Working...
                X