Fixing rips in silosocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing rips in silosocks

How is everyone fixing rip in back bone area of silosocks . We duct tape the under parts with duct tape but wonder if white duct on top will be to shining

I don't that it really matters but I always turned mine inside out and taped them on the inside. Like you, white duct tape. But I'm quick to throw away anything seriously ripped up.

Comment

White cloth hockey tape. Strong and durable Sticks well to tyvek. No shine whatsoever. Generally comes in two widths , 1/2" and 1 1/2". I like the wider tape for patching. The black is good for making wing patches on un painted econo socks. Black hockey tape is also good to freshen up and blacken up shiny Canada necks (instead of reflocking).

Comment

We got some actual Tyvek tape off of Amazon, works great

Comment

Another vote for white hockey tape. I've used rolls and rolls of it, enough to have found some that is better than others. My favorite..

Amazon.com : Renfrew Cloth Hockey Tape (25m, 1.5", White) : Sports & Outdoors

Comment

Originally posted by Cornstalks View Post
            Another vote for white hockey tape. I've used rolls and rolls of it, enough to have found some that is better than others. My favorite..

Amazon.com : Renfrew Cloth Hockey Tape (25m, 1.5", White) : Sports & Outdoors
            That is the brand I use as well! Renfrew Hockey tape comes in multiple colors including camo. It has a lot of uses for outdoorsy projects.
            Last edited by 870; 03-26-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'm going to give Renfrew tape a try.....
              Stopping Traffic. Terminal Flights

Comment

same here...

Comment

I have used clear Gorilla tape placed inside the sock. I like the idea of white hockey tape as well.
                  Jeff

Comment

Just ordered some hockey tape.

Comment

• Cornstalks
                      Cornstalks
                      Cornstalks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good stuff. I have some that's been holding for years. For best results I try to get the wrinkles all worked out in the sock on a flat surface and really knead the tape for a bit onto the material. But I've also made some quick field fixes with the decoy in the ground using my leg behind the material to press the tape on.
                  Working...
                  X