• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Blast From The Past

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B333BF4-6393-43A5-9754-E56AD371A4F8.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	19585 Something to share with the “Young Uns” that never seen one.

I think those could still have some value on a calm day.

Comment

Seen them in rhe magazines, never in person. Don't look the greatest, I'd bet it would get shot pretty quick with some excited shooters lol

Comment

I believe that idea was resurrected in the duck decoys world. If I remember right it was G&H that came out with a 'balloon decoy but I could be wrong. Getting late or I'd try to find it

Comment

I think I still have some of those somewhere. At least the Mylar they were made of didn't easily tear or pop. I did the black and white balloon thing when it became the hot idea about two or three years into the conservation order. Failure! Carry around the helium tank to blow up balloons. Lots of problems with the concept. The biggest was that it did not take much wind to blow the tethered balloon to the ground. Pop! They were just as much hassle as keeping the Reel Wings aloft.

Comment

Remember the kites they started with on the Texas Prairies? It was literally a standard kite with a clear plastic material and a flying snow goose on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	4B333BF4-6393-43A5-9754-E56AD371A4F8.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	19585 Something to share with the “Young Uns” that never seen one.
              Can you imagine, the designer must have said, "Let's put feet on them to add to the realism!"

Comment

Looks like he spent a little too much time in the bean fields. It's gonna blow!

Comment

Rosy O’Donnell was the inspiration for it

Comment

Working...
                  X