TnT's with motion cones vs GHG fullbodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TnT's with motion cones vs GHG fullbodies

Finished cleaning my TnT's and GHG fullbodies today and started to think about the two and the positives and negatives of each and it got me thinking about putting motion cones in the TnT's.

Any of you fellow members hunted over both and whats your thoughts?

Washing the TnT's up along with the fullbodies, my TnT's are quite a few years older then the fullbodies but yet are in better shape as far as paint wear.

TnT's biggest negative is the set up with the small hole and motion stake but if you take that away with the motion cone install, what negatives do they have over a fullbody? In my mind right now, I'd say the TnT are cheaper, lighter and you can haul more in a seed sack. I get around 80-100 in a seed sack now while fullbodies are 50-60. I'm assuming that 80-100 would go down with the motion cone making them harder to stack but would it still out number fullbodies.

Just letting my mind wonder while waiting for the fall

tnts are good decoys.if you add cones they do take more storage room,new cones and stakes add cost.just as well have fbs .I like one piece decoys.windsocks add motion.bad dog

Comment

Only a couple of negatives I see in adding motion cones to the TNT shells and both are a pretty much a non-factor if you aren’t running a permanent spread. The older style cones on a TNT would blow off the stake in high winds. Also putting a motion cone on them prevents a 360 degree motion if the wind is constantly changing.

Our group runs a permanent spread of one piece averys, TNTs and floaters. We were having the problem with our full bodies screwing themselves down onto the L shape stake which prevented any motion after about a week of leaving out. So we decided last year to take out the motion cones and just use the universal stakes for both the full bodies and TNTs. I think overall it was a success even after the time it took to swap out the cone and drill a bigger hole in 1,700+ full bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoHunter870 View Post
        Finished cleaning my TnT's and GHG fullbodies today and started to think about the two and the positives and negatives of each and it got me thinking about putting motion cones in the TnT's.

Any of you fellow members hunted over both and whats your thoughts?

Washing the TnT's up along with the fullbodies, my TnT's are quite a few years older then the fullbodies but yet are in better shape as far as paint wear.

TnT's biggest negative is the set up with the small hole and motion stake but if you take that away with the motion cone install, what negatives do they have over a fullbody? In my mind right now, I'd say the TnT are cheaper, lighter and you can haul more in a seed sack. I get around 80-100 in a seed sack now while fullbodies are 50-60. I'm assuming that 80-100 would go down with the motion cone making them harder to stack but would it still out number fullbodies.

Just letting my mind wonder while waiting for the fall
        If you decide to switch your TNTs to motion cones, I have 60 cones/stakes I would trade you straight up for the universal stakes. Depending on how many you need, I will probably buy another 5-10 dozen one pieces before the spring season.

Comment

AH

Sent you a message about the motion cones

Thanks for the feedback guys

Right now, I have 120 TnT's so switching to fullbodies would be pricey has I only like to add 2 or 3 doz fullbodies a year and almost to where I want to be. Want to fill another seed sack full so figure some of the TnT's on motion cones and the rest fullbodies would save $.

I do sometimes set a permanent spread but haven't had too much trouble with the TnT's blowing over on the universal motion stake. Perhaps they fly off easier on the motion cone?

Comment

We leave the universal stake on the TnTs all the time. Just take some gorilla glue and some 1/4" thread protector caps and glue them on the ends of the stake. Toss them in a seed bag. Our group is running almost 40dz TnTs now and set up isn't bad at all. Still get motion with this system and we can fit 8 or so dozen in a seed bag pretty easily probably could so more if you really wanted too. If you have tail loops on them it even speeds it up more because how many you can carry. Below is a pic of a decoy set up this way.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by durlam86; 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

One of the reasons I love reading this board is you all come up with some amazing fixes and gear ideas.

Comment

I used 9 dozen TnTs with motion cones this spring. I liked the setup and they all fit in one seed bag. That said, I sold the shells to durlam86 and as you see above he didn't want the cones. So I have 9 dozen motion cones I'd sell if you decide to go that route. My buddy got back in to snow hunting and we're going the fullbody route so wanted to keep everything the same. I did a lot of comparing and found the new GHG one piece full bodies move better than the TNTs in light winds, but it's pretty close. In stronger winds both would turn and eventually get locked in the back of the cone if I remember right.

Comment

Whichever you choose, I would suggest running all of one or the other. In my experience handling one type is easier than mix matching.

Comment

Working...
                  X