Figured I would add some content.

Out of the box:

Did not like the three way plug adapter
    Cover for outlet seemed fragile
    No instructions for the MP3 player or remote
    speaker wires seemed short

MP3
    No instructions had to look them up on internet
    Can not make repeat track the default setting. Or at least not using the "fix" that was posted on several boards. Had to reset it every time player was shut off.
    Read once that it would be replaced if asked...more on that in "customer service"

Remote
    No instructions, I am not always the smartest. Was turning the main power switch on and trying to use the remote. That doesn't work, after some frustration I saw a post about it and figured it out.
    Antenna on receiver needs to be found and pulled out into the open of the box. Again instructions would be nice instead of finding that out on a message board.
    Seemed to work pretty well when I used it.

Speakers
    They sound good, do need to build stands and I made covers. May play with extension cords next year, but will not go far.
    The three way plug is a weak point in my opinion. The way you have to set it up forces one of the plugs straight down into the ground. Also another small part to deal with. Was surprised I didnt break off the outlet cover at some point.
    This may just be me, but I feel I have to baby these speakers more than horns. So figuring out storage and transport is something to think about.

Battery life
    To be honest I really didnt get a very good idea on this. Most hunts I spent as much time with the caller off as I did on. Just the way I felt I needed to hunt this year.

Sounds
    With out their sounds I probably would not have purchased this caller. I liked their tracks and the versatility they offer. I also like the fact that they have been pretty open on the internet about how they hunt their caller and sounds. Having said that, After the first 3 hunts I probably used one track (when i remembered to set it to repeat) the majority of the spring. The tracks with single clear barks at lower volume seemed to be slightly better than no caller for me.

Customer service
    I will admit that I really didn't try to return the MP3 player and didn't have any issues myself with the caller that I had to deal with them directly. Most of their help to me came from posts on here and the Refuge. My issues (besides the MP3) would have been solved with a simple one page typed out instruction sheet. I have heard some stories but will let others post their experiences if they want to. I know from some posts that they had some life changes that made things pretty crazy, which I can appreciate. That being said, if your name is on something that you are still selling you need to be able to deal with customers and be willing to make it right.

Over all I would definitely buy the sounds again, and maybe buy the unit again. I will probably look at some ways to change the adapters to maybe a two way, to get more room.And like I said I could run a short extension cord form the caller out and then split the speakers, Giving me a little more coverage and making the connection at the box cleaner.

I am excited still to use this unit in a "normal" year, if we ever have one of those again.

Over all 3 1/2 out of 5 (with instructions a solid 4)

Last edited by mo4NU; 05-10-2019, 10:29 AM.

Thanks for that review. My crew is looking at getting a JJB unit to supplement our Foxpro.

Comment

You have a fox pro? So does my hunting partner they are bullet proof. Had one issue with it in 10 years. They are rock solid. I make my own e-callers and upgraded my connections to the box with Neutrik Power con. A lot more durable than what I had.

Thanks for the great review.

Comment

I pretty much agree with mo4NU. Good review, thanks for being specific as to your review of their system.

MP3 - I too struggled a bit with this little unit. Mine did have a small instruction booklet that I used along with some info from the forums. Overall I had no trouble running it by the end of the season. Can I remember how to run it next year will be the question? Probably but it will take a time or two to get back in the grove.

Remote and antenna - Really struggled initially with the remote operation but once I figured that out no issues. Had a difficult time locating the antenna. I found it and it took some playing with to consistently get the remote to activate from a distance. Again in the end it worked pretty good.

Speakers - Well, if it's wet out they are a bit of a challenge at least for me. I was concerned with them getting in water. We were plenty wet this year. Dry fields no issue. The 3 way plug and cover were not too big of a deal for me other then the field condition needs to be reasonable and if its wet you need to be careful where you set the unit.
        Storage and transportation were my biggest concern. I used a tote and carefully stacked the unit and speakers in it. When transporting to the field by cart I took the unit and speakers out and placed in the sock bag. I guess that worked ok.

Battery Life - I had two(what they recommended) batteries and switched them out after each hunt. Charged overnight and had no issues. One day I forgot to change out the batteries and ran the unit on a 2nd day and it worked fine. I don't have the music playing through the speakers the whole time but I do believe the unit still uses some power.

Sounds - I like them no issues for me. Used about 3 main ones but had very few geese to really give any yeah or nay on what worked the best.

Customer Service - No experience good or bad. The unit was easy to purchase and arrived in reasonable time. Most of the information I needed I picked up via the JJB website and this forum. I agree with mo4NU that a one page instruction / Q&A sheet included in the box would have made life easier and hopefully they incorporate that in the future. It's important to remember that some(me) are more technically challenged then others. It may be were just not sure enough of our ability to "do" something on our own without some guidance or we have been conditioned to have some instructions come along with our purchases. I know I'm in that boat.

Overall - It's a good value. I think with a few tweeks, instruction sheet and tips for storage/transportation for folks it could be much easier and a really solid simple system. I am planning to paint my unit, speakers and wrap the wires to better match the field types I hunt most often. White is ok if your in a big spread but I found when I went with a smaller spread or when I spread out my decoys the white didn't fit in and looked out of place. I spent time covering the system with grass and field stubble to make it disappear.

I would recommend this unit if someone was looking for a good value.

Qac

Comment

Originally posted by Brobones View Post
          You have a fox pro? So does my hunting partner they are bullet proof. Had one issue with it in 10 years. They are rock solid. I make my own e-callers and upgraded my connections to the box with Neutrik Power con. A lot more durable than what I had.

We run a 4 speaker Snow Crow Pro and sometimes the snow pro but it is a lot less machine than the SCP. Wanted the JJB for clairity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brobones View Post

I've also just upgraded my speaker wire and plugs to the connections that Neutrik offers or similiar design on Amazon which I found searching audio cable twist locks. I purchased them after seeing a buddies Snow Downs Low caller and how quick and solid the connections are. That unit is a clean unit too has far as the design is concerned. Since this spring was goofed up, he didn't really get to test it too much however.

Comment

My mp3 will not stay on the repeat mode either. Was told multiple times a new one would be sent with apology but no result. With the short season and the life/work situation JJB explained, I let it drop with the thought of following thru at about this time. I also felt the plug- in was a poor design. I went to a 2ft. multiplug cord coming straight out of each plug- in running two speakers to avoid the issue mo4NU mentioned. One plug- in never worked in the field, although I thought I tested it at home. I ran all four speakers out of one plug- in all season. Never got around to taking the cover off to find the antenna. Repeatedly noticed that the range was not as great in the early morning as it was later in the day. Would guess moisture levels in the air? Always had to make contact thru the refuge snow goose site and occasionally here. Don't know of anyone ever getting a response thru either contact method listed on his website.
              Loved the sound but not sure if I would order again.(as planned) I would have been much less understanding if I would have been having these issues while geese swarmed me every day. Didn't matter much this year. lol

Comment

Originally posted by timber hunter View Post
                My mp3 will not stay on the repeat mode either. Was told multiple times a new one would be sent with apology but no result. With the short season and the life/work situation JJB explained, I let it drop with the thought of following thru at about this time. I also felt the plug- in was a poor design. I went to a 2ft. multiplug cord coming straight out of each plug- in running two speakers to avoid the issue mo4NU mentioned. One plug- in never worked in the field, although I thought I tested it at home. I ran all four speakers out of one plug- in all season. Never got around to taking the cover off to find the antenna. Repeatedly noticed that the range was not as great in the early morning as it was later in the day. Would guess moisture levels in the air? Always had to make contact thru the refuge snow goose site and occasionally here. Don't know of anyone ever getting a response thru either contact method listed on his website.
                Loved the sound but not sure if I would order again.(as planned) I would have been much less understanding if I would have been having these issues while geese swarmed me every day. Didn't matter much this year. lol
                Your MP3s will be there wednesday. The antenna not being visibile is my partners deal, he forgets or doesn't think they need to be exposed. Whereas I think they do.

Just FYI, Snows down Low uses the Exact same MP3 player as us.

We've been thinking about changing speaker connections and will probably mess with the twist lock kind soon. Provided they fit and don't take up extra room it could be a change we make we just honestly haven't had very many complaints about what we use now. In our minds if a dog clips a wire the speaker unplugs if its twisted the entire caller gets drug until it comes lose. Guess food for thought. The instruction sheets will be coming in every caller starting in Sept. We aren't perfect by any means, and forgetful at times as some have experienced but we try our hardest to make the customer happy and produce a product that is more affordable than the rest of the competition and performs as well or better. (Not comparing fox pros)

We have some seriously cool Ross audio we just released with more ross and snow on the way, I'm not here to push our products so if someone wants to hear them I can make a thread otherwise I'm just here clearing the air on a few things.

Running those 4 speakers off the one plug, you could probably run 8 speakers off the amps we have in there without an issue using both
                Last edited by Juvie Juke Box; 08-31-2019, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X