Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juvie Juke Box Adult or Snows Down Low Snomad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juvie Juke Box Adult or Snows Down Low Snomad?

Hi trying to make a decision between the two, so far in my research JJB is ahead but are the out door speakers loud enough? Is there a marked difference in clarity? Which way would you guys go?

I can't help you as I have not used either unit. I have heard outdoor speakers with a homemade unit and they are clearer than horns but did not seem as loud.

Comment

What type of situation are you generally hunting? Are you trying to pull migrators or setting up on feeds? It's volume vs quality and I think you'll get a general consensus that outdoors may help finish birds better. If the bug bites you hard enough you'll convince yourself you need both as 2 separate units

Comment

Mainly hunting feeds, new to the game bern chasing waterfowl for years but only been chasing snows for 3. On the very west edge of the flyway here. But if I put on the miles the birds are there. I guess my question is volume over clarity which is more important? I have a couple clones for motion and adding a couple sno bots this spring so they should see me from a ways out. Are the outdoor speakers still loud enough at 150-300 yards from the birds? Most of my birds seem to make the decision at about that distance.

Comment

We run 2 callers in our migrator spread. One being the juvie juke box adult snow and the other snows down low overkill call. After hunting about 5 days with the JJB outdoor speakers we sent them back and they replaced with horn speakers. The outdoor speakers didn't have the max volume we wanted. Both companies have great calls, sounds and customer service. Don't think you could go wrong with either.

Comment

I'll second the vote to have some of both and run them on different callers. The horns are definitely louder by far, and running them on the same system they drown out the outdoor speakers to my ears. The outdoor speakers are clearer, and if you play music or other audio besides snows through them side by side you'll get a better understanding of the difference. With snow sounds, I don't notice as much of a difference. So many people kill birds over horns I honestly don't think the clarity is a huge difference especially at low volume, but others here have a stronger opinion. I like details, so the call I leave running for finishing birds has the outdoor speakers on it.

I have some horns as well to blast out at the distant groups and turn it down or off when they approach. I will change either setup in volume or orientation during the hunt.

Comment

I went in the direction of quality outdoor speakers several years back to the total elimination of horns. But I have gravitated back to horns for their distance. I always utilize both now. Generally I play the quality speakers continuously. I play the horns for far off birds and turn them down once they get inside about 300 yards. On most days I would agree that about 300 yards is the limit for outdoor speakers. Mine anyway. If I could only have one, it would be horns now.

Comment

I never left horns. I believe in them. I was fortunate enough to know someone with outdoor speakers, so I was able to "try them" without buying any. I firmly believe horns can do things outdoor speakers can't, thus they have more benefit.

Comment

I've got both on separate systems. No comparison to me, outdoor speakers sound like geese and horns sound like a caller. I rarely run horns louder than the outdoor speakers can get anyway. Really would like to replace the horns before hunting starts.

Comment

Wow lots of actual first hand knowledge on this site. Thanks guys.

Comment

Yes it is good info. So timber hunter, you don't utilize volume to reach out for birds? I agree with you on low volume once they're working, but I also like having volume control and horns to reach out when desired.

As for sounding like a speaker vs. a goose, I also agree that outdoor speakers sound better to me but I'm not sure it matters much. I say that b/c through my years in hunting ducks/geese/turkeys, calling volume/cadence/timing appears much more important than quality of each note. My best example is one of my family friends who is 80 and only uses a diaphram turkey call, and I can tell from two ridges away that it's him and not a turkey b/c it sounds that bad to me. But that guy has called in so many turkeys it's ridiculous, he just knows how to employ it. Also, I've heard many guys duck call that I didn't think sounded very good, yet they used it properly and call in plenty of ducks. All that to say I'm not sure the sound of each note plays in near as much as the other factors. Since I like details personally, I bought some outdoor speakers to use as the always-running call and have another system on volume control and horns.

Comment

I really worry very little about long range attraction. The vast majority of the geese I get into would fly over or near my spread whether I ran a caller or not. If they're set on feeding another direction or the migration flight line is off, more volume won't help much in my opinion. I know they can hear a caller at a distance that doesn't make sense by looking back on the old Johnny Stewart single speaker days. Once in a while you get that low group buzzing around field to field, low to the ground in the distance, that you wish you had more volume for, but I truly believe that in one high activity day where geese don't finish well I'll worry about too much volume more times than I worry about not enough volume in a whole season.

Comment

Thanks for your perspective. Seems your in a good flight path. I hunt some along the Miss river where I would agree most birds are gonna be pretty tight in the flight corridor and will see the spread. In other spots I hunt the migration path seems to be very wide, and local birds feed all over, so it's either chase an X or run traffic knowing that many won't fly right over you. I like to increase the chance of getting a few more flocks attention in those areas with volume, as I'm not confident that most will go right overhead.

Comment

We use both horns and the JJB outdoor speakers. You still need horns for attention getters, but when the birds start working they focus on the outdoor speakers and finish over them. We put our horns on the outside and up wind and the speakers in the kill hole.
                            The Juvie Jukebox guys will tell you this as well. They still use horns too, but when the birds close in they turn the horns down and let the speakers finish them.

Comment

We switched our internal components about 1.5 years ago, our current setup we believe and we've had the feed back that it provides plenty of volume while still maintaining the clarity, and realism that we started the entire company for. The outdoor speakers now will get WAY louder than the juvie juke box models of the past where we ran into a lot of people say that they didn't get the volume they wanted so they'd run half horns half outdoor speakers. We have to dial back our new amps because they'll blow the speakers if not adjusted correctly. Our caller actually includes an mp3 player with all our tracks, now 14 as of yesterday. On/off remote, on/off switch, USB charge port and 4 speakers. If you have any questions feel free to email us at [email protected], message us on instagram or facebook. I get on this website maybe once week at most.
                              Juvie Juke Box
                              Last edited by Juvie Juke Box; 01-31-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X