Ammo Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Marketing

Us Snow Goose Hunters are sure getting targeted by the munitions manufacturers. With offerings such as Hevi Snow, X-Pert Snow, Speed Shok Snow, & Black Cloud Snow, we have their attention. Is adding the word “Snow” to a box label really going to sell more boxes?

If so, perhaps Browning could expand their current “Wicked” line with a special “John Wick Snow Load”, that would guarantee a dead bird with every shot.
    Sarge
    Last edited by Sarge; 01-07-2022, 12:04 AM.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter to anyone who reads this board, i.e. experienced waterfowlers. It probably does get some guys who snow hunt once a year and buy a case to go make a pile, who think it must be optimized to work better with their long-range choke and 10 shot tube.

Does that volume of purchases justify the manufacturing run of different colored hulls, box printing, etc? Because most offerings look like very similar loads to the standard ones. Only the MFG would know. I've used some from Federal b/c a buddy bought it on sale and I bought a few boxes off of him. Worked fine as always.

Comment

I know someone who loves the higher velocity BC snow goose load but doesn't care for the normal BC load. Thought I was going to sell him my BC supply until I found out the stuff he loves isn't the stuff I have. Most of what I've read says the super high velocities blow out patterns.

Comment

• Sarge
        Sarge
        Sarge commented
        Editing a comment
        My experience with high velocity stuff (ie 1600 + FPS) is that patterns do change. There is also a quicker loss of energy (ie range & killing power. My preference is 1 1/4 oz @ 1450 -1500 fps. The patterns & energy remain consistent. IMO, slow & heavier shot is the way to go.

I see they have dropped the "SNOW" name and box and renamed the same load High Velocity.

Comment

I would just be happy to find a couple cases of 3 inch bb's somewhere under $300 a case!

Comment

Is 1550 fps still the "normal" speed people look for when buying shell? That was the only thing I looked for other than price when I was buying shells.

Comment

Seems most 3in. 1 1/4 ounce runs 1500 and down and most high velocity is 1 1/8 ounce and runs 1550 and up.

Comment

John Wick snow load.hmmmmm.i didnt come this far to miss because i never miss.bang dead,,and the one next to you and the two behind you.longer range,,hell nothing out of range.aint no such thing as a cripple because we blow their wings and feet off......ya ya iam thinkin iam back...back for more.....bad dog

Comment

John Wick.........Hahahahahahahaha now that is funny

Comment

Working...
                X