No announcement yet.

Hunting Pastures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pass on any gadgets. More work and always more 2nd guessing. A bigger pond will make a huge difference I bet. Keep it simple and hide well is my best advice. Good luck.

Qac

Comment

Personally, I like them. They give great motion. My young friends used several of them this fall and said they looked great and made a difference in their spread.

Comment

i like the whiterock flyers better.stronger wing spars not as good of motion in ligh wind.bad dog

Comment

If I had water I wouldn't mess with flyers. I would run a thrasher. though

Comment

They're cheap enough I'd say why not have some in the arsenal (flyers). They're pretty versatile as you can use them on varying length poles, attached to a long pole as a kite (our usual method), and to a rotary machine. We don't often set them up as standard flyers anymore, but we always have the long flag going and use the rotary based on conditions (usually dead calm at first light on a feed).

Comment

They are cheap and easy to take down and put back up if you need to. A pasture is normally a different situation then a field set up. That is, the birds in the pasture are normally resting, or loafing. They are normally not flying around jumping from one side of the pasture to the other. As such, most of your decoys should resemble loafing or resting birds. Your hide is always critical, so do the best you can to disappear.

Comment

I know I have lost more geese just while messing with flyers than I have killed because of them. If you're the kind of guy who can set the days spread then stay hid and live with the results, they may be ok. If like me, you start second guessing your set up before the first cup of coffee is empty, you probably are better off without them.

Comment

Working...
                X