Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far north are the birds?

Hey guys,
    Season opens here in Alberta March 15th, a week away. Without coming across as cyber-scouting, roughly where are the birds in relation to a recognizable town or city? Say, within a couple hours of that town/city. I'm just trying to figure out when I might???? see birds in Southern Alberta. Up till 3 or 4 days ago, we were -25 to -30 with snow for about 6 weeks. Warm up is coming they say...….
    From following the weather South of the Medicine Line, is it safe to assume there is quite a bit of snow in the Dakotas and Nebraska?
    Thanks, Jeff

first scouts will show around Omaha Nebraska tomarrow.bad dog

Comment

Thanks. Gonna be awhile before we see any in Alberta.
      Jeff

Comment

Majority of the snows are from the northern parts of Kansas and Missouri, down to the central latitudes of the same states. I'm not as familiar with where they are on east into Illinois but I would imagine they are at similar latitudes. Very few are farther north than Squaw Creek on our side of the state. The birds just started showing up there Friday in good numbers. WOuld typically expect them to be at least to the southern side of South Dakota by this time. Whether or not they will catch up will be weather dependent.

Comment

GQ- Thanks for that info. Helps a great deal. You guys will likely have a while to chase them yet.
          We came very close to being above freezing today. forecast is for a warmup later this week
          here in Alberta. Plenty of snow on the ground so, even with a warmup, there will be a fair bit of time it seems before
          they reach Southern Alberta.
          We all know the Dakotas are usually good for a Spring blizzard as is Alberta.
          Jeff

Comment

Some of your Alberta snows that come up through Idaho are that far north already, but they have been snow free for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by nebgoosehunter View Post
              Some of your Alberta snows that come up through Idaho are that far north already, but they have been snow free for awhile.
              That's interesting to say the least! They might be hanging out there for awhile though as we had a great day today weather-wise, tomorrow, it snows again!
              Don't shoot them all LOL!
              Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X