How Did You Choose Your Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did You Choose Your Name

Here's another question I had after reading mo4NU's post on another thread. How did everyone choose their forum name? As for me, about the time the Refuge Forum started, a friend's dad that was a farmer had two pet ducks. A play on words, he named them Cheese and Quackers. I stole that and added to the play on words to fit the forum topic of geese and ducks.

mo4NU?

I am from Nebraska and moved to Missouri when Nebraska was good at football! Have used it for football boards and hunting boards.

Comment

I pondered several names, but wasn’t quite clever enough to develop one I liked. So, I chose the name I was called since age 21 in the service. Kept it for a career in military service and a second career in law enforcement, where I earned the rank as well
      Last edited by Sarge; 01-24-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Mine is just first initial last name. I started on forums way back when they were just getting started and should have been more original. But since then I just use the same one everywhere so that I dont have to remember another one.

Comment

Mine is from my duck hunting in a river island pothole. Used it on all the sites way back in the beginning. Have tried multiple times to figure out a way to change my user name here to something snow goose related.

Comment

I put mine together by combining where I live with what I shoot

Comment

It was the one dominant thing I envisioned hunting snows. The sight, smell and sound of them reminded me it was my favorite hunting medium

Comment

Was a duck hunting purist before the snow goose bug bite me. I shot some geese but focused on ducks and intentionally just shot drakes
                ​​​​only.

Comment

I love decoys and my names Ed. A little play on words. Decoyed or decoy ed.

Comment

Mine goes way back to Jr high school. I hunted a lot as a kid and all my friends played sports. They all knew I duck hunted a lot and nick named me Quack. Well we had a bowling ally and a skating rink or two in our neck of the woods and every time one of us kids had a birthday party or weekend sleepover we would go skate or bowl for cheap fun. Pinball and video games cost a quarter so each of us would save up allowances or beg our folks for some money to play some games on these outings. If you got a high score you could put in your initials to the machine. Well you only got 3 spaces and since everyone called me Quack, I just shortened it to Qac. Seemed fitting to keep it going on the forums too.

Qac

Comment

Back in the CB days, (Breaker Breaker One Nine), I used Greyfox, spelled with an E, the one with a pedigree, etc. Then I got hooked on snow goose hunting and enjoyed reading the goose bulletin boards. To contribute/post you need a handle, so it just popped in my head one day, Fox and Goose (also a children's chase game that is played in the snow)...you see where I am going with this, "chase", then looking for an avatar I found the one that I use now, a fox and goose, fox on the left and goose on the right, fox is trying to get the goose or vice versa, you can decide. Yeah I know, very goofy but if the shoe fits...

Comment

one of my labs.very obedient dog.when he was a pup my lady was always tellin him "you bad dog give me back my gloves"you bad dog get out of my chair"you bad dog stop digging in my flower bed.you get. the picture. when he grew up and matured he was a fighter and a lover.killed dozens of coons possums fox and one skunk.he was a fast learner.he could charm most any lady he or I met and was a gentilman with all children.one day my lady come home to find a pair of stray dogs chasin our yearling calve in the feedlot.she let down the pick up tailgate and told him to get em thinkin he would chase them off.well in less than three minutes he killed both strays.brutelest thing she has ever seen.the next year when my wife became pregnant our lab developed cancer.they would lay together on the living room floor.he would keep his head on her belly for hours.had to take him for "one last hunt"before our son was born.we have a 10x12 professional portrate of him on our fireplace mantal.his theory in life was.IF YOU CANT SCREW IT YOU KILL IT AND IF IT GOOD YOU EAT IT.bad dog

Comment

• fox and goose
                          fox and goose commented
                          Editing a comment
                          what a story and theory.btw bad dog.i enjoy your writing style.few spaces and no caps.takes too much time.life is shrt.killsnows

• Sarge
                          Sarge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great story!

It's been fun to hear how the names came about. No big story here just like others have said had it since the beginning. At the time I was big into bass fishing, still am really, so just added my last name to get bassinmeyer.

Comment

I enjoy camping, fly fishing and hunting in the Alberta Rockies. There are lots of Grey Jays aka camp robber or whiskyjack that hang around campsites.
                          I figured I would find more friends as whiskyjack than if I called myself camp robber.

Comment

Working...
                          X