No announcement yet.

Header Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way the decoys look did you not have much wind? Looks like the birds are coming across the rig.

Comment

• jolle
      jolle commented
      Editing a comment
      That was near daybreak and wind hadn't kicked in real good yet. Main thing was the birds approach direction and how quick they worked. We had a u shape spread with legs facing north, and the birds came from a roost to the southwest. They started to go downwind but turned up that first leg of the spread as they hit it, so they didn't quite square up the center. Had we let them try another pass to really stack up, they might have....but we didn't wait to find out.

The new header looks to be a great full body spread. One of the blues has a broken head though

Comment

Nice contrast of color in that wheat stubble. Neat shot!

Comment

If you notice there are a few rusty faces in that group too.

Comment

this is one of my favorites from that year.. The blues just POP in that wheat stubble. One thing to note is how the blues are clumped together!!! Hint Hint!!!

Comment

• timber hunter
            timber hunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Noticed that right away. Been grouping my blues as I patch socks so I remember when I get to the field. Had really started noticing the trend last year then your comments confirmed my feelings.

Originally posted by Brobones View Post
          this is one of my favorites from that year.. The blues just POP in that wheat stubble. One thing to note is how the blues are clumped together!!! Hint Hint!!!
          I have never noticed that, I will be looking at every flock on the ground even closer now! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

The header image is of my Dawg, Bingo. It has been 5 years since he's been gone and I miss him in the field every time we go. He had 15 hunting seasons on his resume and had about 7,000 retrieves, most of which were Snow Geese.

Comment

Originally posted by ross View Post
              The header image is of my Dawg, Bingo. It has been 5 years since he's been gone and I miss him in the field every time we go. He had 15 hunting seasons on his resume and had about 7,000 retrieves, most of which were Snow Geese.
              Awesome pic. I know how you feel now when you enter the field. Those hairy hunting partners bring a special dimension to the hunt

Comment

Nice pic, reminds me of my yellow female that has been gone for 2 years. Hard to beat a dog as a hunting partner, and hard to let them go as they come and go in our lives.

Comment

Looks like there is a lot of wisdom in that ole grey muzzle. Think of the things he has seen. Our hunting dogs are pretty lucky I think!

Comment

That one is on the deck!

Comment

That is awesome photo... That bird is locked and has its own death wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Agreed, very good photo with good focus setting to see every feather blowing in the breeze.

Comment

Beautiful! Was the bird fortunate enough to be well out front of a very large group, or an unfortunate single?

Comment

That bird was swinging with a half dozen others and got impatient and dropped in faster. It landed and we waited for the rest.

Comment

Working...
                            X