No announcement yet.

Any new snow goose sounds this spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new snow goose sounds this spring?

Wondering if anyone has seen any new snow goose sounds out there? JJB has been quiet and have not heard anything from Snows Down Low either.

I was searching last weekend I didn’t find anything new.
    I’m interested as well.

Comment

Always looking for some good stuff

Comment

Seems like the creation of new snow sounds has gone quiet over the past few years. My guess is because a few guys did it right and created very high quality tracks that are hard to improve upon in sound quality. I'm not sure there is much to improve upon there. Juvy Jukebox sounds are last I bought and I use them often.

However, as for having new sounds that aren't etched in my brain and fully memorized .... I'm always up for something new! And if snow geese memorize tracks too, well then, there's a few out there that are likely big red flags in some old adult snow geese memories. I.e. snowbait feeders with the cows in the background, LOL.

Comment

• Geez n Quackers
          Geez n Quackers commented
          Editing a comment
          Think you nailed it. Good tracks now available and you are not going to improve upon or discover some new sounds. At least not to the degree it makes a difference.

However - unlike all of the call makers out there - someone's missing out on a business opportunity to make a slight revision to an old sound, repackage it, and claim it to be new and improved.

Originally posted by jolle View Post
        snowbait feeders with the cows in the background, LOL.
        I would imagine most snows in all flyways have heard that track a lot!

Comment

If you are any good with audio programs, make your own. I run sounds that I have created with videoing geese extracting the sound files and turning those into sounds for my e caller one of a kind.... Helps me pass the time of the off season as well

Comment

• jolle
            jolle commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, I enjoyed doing that for a while. I don't generate my own source so it became hard to find quality sound bytes, especially longer than a few seconds. Looping a short track doesn't sound the best to me, and lack of source I kind of lost interest.

I’ve thought about this as well and you just don’t hear about new sounds. I don’t have the audio equipment to record good sounds but we have a bunch of specks and a few snows that spend most every night in our duck hole here along the MS River

Comment

I plan on running different tracks on multiple players to make sound that is always new and fresh. Until I get tired of the work that goes with that.

Comment

• Geez n Quackers
              Geez n Quackers commented
              Editing a comment
              Bingo! Easiest way to make custom sounds.

I create mixed tracks using a computer program by combining and editing tracks from snow bait, sdl, etc

Comment

Juvie Juke Box has a free lesser download right now.

Comment

For those that like to make their own and have the capability (I don't) you might find something in these files

Results for 'snow goose' :: page 1 :: xeno-canto (xeno-canto.org)
                Last edited by Cornstalks; 01-18-2021, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Brobones
                  Brobones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks for this Cornstalks

That's awesome, thanks!

Comment

Not sure how new they are but juvie juke box has more tracks than the last time I bought some. Notably two ross tracks, a track that has those mixed with others, and a refuge roar track. His tracks have always been clean sound, I may have to purchase some more.

Comment

• River Ratt
                    River Ratt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I bought all of them few weeks ago
                    Several tracks I’m eager to try out.

• jolle
                    jolle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think I'm going to as well. I've heard good things about the Ross tracks even when there's not many ross around. A different sound than most use perhaps, and those high pitched peeps really pierce the air.

We just came out with Refuge Roar which is a roar like track with single snows barking back and forth. That puts us at 15 tracks. I'm pretty proud of all of the audio I've done but that one is going to kill alot of snow geese. Sample of it here

Have two more I will be releasing. One for sure this week possibly both. I'm open to suggestions on what people want more of, at this point I feel like we have covered almost everything pretty well. I love the track creation process so as long as people want new stuff I'll be making it. Plan on doing some more free stuff as well.
                  Last edited by Juvie Juke Box; 02-01-2021, 12:32 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Working...
                  X