I made it, oh so happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made it, oh so happy!

I have officially worked my last day as of yesterday in a factory! After 31 and a half years grinding it out and working for the man I have reached the finish line. Well, sort of. My official retirement date is October 10th, I’m vacationing out till then. What a sweet and glorious morning it is today too. Lots of projects to keep me active and busy right now. Got a crew here ripping my roof off and putting a new one on today. This is from the damage I received from the dericho 2 years ago. Been hard to get materials and time since then but they are getting after it now. Still working to get the food plots done. Slow progress. Rebuilding my old duck boat now too. I think I will be able to find some days to get out this year . Of course the wife has a pretty long list of honey do’s but I’m not sure how much time I will have for that. Nevertheless I am pretty excited to have gotten to this point in my life. May the skies over your decoys be filled with hungry and happy birds. I hope you all have a safe and productive year.

Qac

Congratulations Qac! Retirement, or semi-retired is the way to go. Lots of time to do all of those things you have been putting off over the years and a lot less stress!!

Comment

• Qac
      Qac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Wapiti, it was like a weight falling off me yesterday when I walked out of the plant. Soooo freeing.

Qac

I am very happy for you! I can't wait until the travel bug hits you so you finally will take me up on a hunt offer! But I wont hold it against you if that is after a couple of years of just enjoying being retired!

Comment

• Qac
      Qac commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to take you up on that invite. A bucket list trip for sure. Have 28 ga. Will travel.

Qac

Congratulations Qac, That must be a great feeling, I hope you have a fantastic season...

Comment

• Qac
      Qac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brobones, win lose or draw I’m planning to enjoy it all.

Qac

Congrats! Jealous, I'm 18 years in and hopefully past the halfway point.

Looking forward to hearing from your exploits from your first season with a lot more time on your hands.

Comment

Thanks jolle, hopefully you enjoy what you are doing. The days may be long but the years go by fast.

Qac

Comment

• jolle
        jolle commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll say I enjoy some days, as with any job. I'm an engineer at Boeing so I get work on "really cool stuff" as everyone says. But, I sit at a desk staring at a computer all day and some days really wish I'd pursued an outdoors related job or something more active. And it's a large corporation, working on govt projects, so the red-tape and bureaucracy (of both) can be really exhausting. But, time has gone fast and its a good job, so I'll stay positive!

You will wonder how you ever had time to go to work before.
      There is a lot to do and retirement is great.

Comment

Thanks Hillbilly, from all the retirees I have talked with lately that seems to be the general consensus.

Qac

Comment

Great new Qac! Yes, you better get yourself a day planner, you will probably have more going on now that you ever did before. Pretty cool being off in the fall of the year. Im doing half days now, really looking forward to the cool weather so I can start to enjoy my time off more. Congratulation.

Comment

• Qac
            Qac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Kansasgoose, half days are a good start. I’m looking forward to good weather.

Qac

Congratulations, enjoy the time while you can. I've seen too many people go into a cave after retirement and not stay active.

Comment

• Qac
            Qac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Ross, staying active is the key.

Qac

Congrats Qac,
          Enjoy your free time!

Comment

• Qac
            Qac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Bassinmeyer

congradulations.pull out the bucket list and enjoy.bad dog

Comment

• Qac
            Qac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks bad dog

Congrats Qac. Enjoy the freedom that must come with that. Only a dim fantasy for me so couldn't imagine. I'm sure its a just reward you've earned and wishing you many happy years of enjoyment!

Comment

• Qac
            Qac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Cornstalks, really enjoying it so far.

Qac

Congrats! I put in just a little more time than you in a factory and could not believe how fast it all seemed like just a bad dream. Have to admit that with guilt over the wife still working and gas prices so high, I haven't fished as much as I thought I would, but I'm banking that for snow goose season. I've already found out that it's too easy to put things off when you can always do it tomorrow. Don't fall in the trap! Have fun!

Comment

• Qac
            Qac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks TH, I can see your point on how easy it can be to put things off. I did a little of that while I was working to be done when I retired. Now I’ve got plenty to keep me busy for awhile. I also have found some time to watch YouTube and see all the neat new items out there that I could spend money on. I really need to stop that.😁

Qac
        Working...
        X