Quill's and no hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quill's and no hunting

has anyone else heard the farmers are not allowing any hunting this year around the Quills to create a bigger stir with the flooding. Heard a few groups have been shut down on fields already because of this.

Not sure about the Quills but here in Southern Alberta there are landowners closing or seriously considering it due to the drought and the extreme fire danger. We haven't seen moisture since May!
    Lots of grass fires already, in addition to the wildfires in the mountains. Access to the back country was closed by the government last week. Did I mention it is dry here?

Comment

I heard that the farmers in that area were going to start doing that this summer... If that catches some momentum it won't be good for hunters.

Comment

Hearing more and more groups getting turned down for permission . Sounds like it will be a challenge for hunters this year. May have to start looking for a different area.

Comment

I hadn't heard that. I'm thinking my days of hunting Saskatchewan are coming to an end. It's getting tougher and tougher to get permission. Too many idiots ruining it for everybody else and often times it's the locals.

Comment

That's Bold statement considering you are not a resident...I wouldn't allow you on my property either..

Comment

Originally posted by evansask View Post
              That's Bold statement considering you are not a resident...I wouldn't allow you on my property either..
              I was only saying it's not just the non-residents. I've had landowners tell me some of the residents have been the worst ones at not respecting the land and landowner. One guy said he somebody set up so close to his house he had shot hitting his roof and windows and they were residents. Then they got mouthy when he told them to move. He closed off all hunting on his land. I don't blame him. I've actually only been turned down a handful of times in almost 40 years of going up there. Made a lot of friends too. But some landowners are getting more reluctant every year, and I hear more complaints about other hunters. I can see the writing on the wall. I've actually heard the most complaints about local guides. Many landowners now ask if I'm an outfitter.
              Last edited by Randy G.; 09-13-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

There's bad apples no matter where your from. Not fair to lump em all together. This all has more to do with the flooding and lack of government support than slob hunters.

Comment

Working...
                X