• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive solo hunts Reg! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
      Impressive solo hunts Reg! Congrats!
      Thanks Ted, here are the results of my 3rd solo hunt, birds did not want to decoy as well as my first hunt but I did manage 20 with some good shooting. In this picture I have my Stepson's dog Ruby with me. She is not field ready yet but I am hopeful she will be for the fall.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110413-2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	13334

Comment

This one is my favorite picture of the spring. Dano and I had a excellent shoot the birds did exactly as we wanted them too. I don't take enough pictures with the spread left out I always seem to do that at the end of the hunt. This particular day I said that I wanted to take the picture first and I am very happy with the results. Click image for larger version

Name:	Day2spring2019-2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	13336

Comment

Very nice Brobones, I like the spread shot, blue sky and a few birds still flying off in the distance. Some really nice Blues there too.

Qac

Comment

Originally posted by Qac View Post
            Very nice Brobones, I like the spread shot, blue sky and a few birds still flying off in the distance. Some really nice Blues there too.

Qac
            For all of those reasons you mentioned Quac, this is one of my favorite pictures. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Comment

That would have scored you better than 80% of the 10 man groups participating in the Arkansas Snow Goose Contest Reg. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Geez n Quackers View Post
                That would have scored you better than 80% of the 10 man groups participating in the Arkansas Snow Goose Contest Reg. Very nice!
                Thanks Geez n Quackers, I do like my solo hunts, they are special to reflect on life. My preference to hunt with others would be with just one other person. I do enjoy knowing what birds I have shot and killed. I have shot in bigger groups but what I mostly get out of that is the camaraderie.
                I was lucky enough on my 4th solo hunt to shoot this Ross goose aka Rhino Ross. He had the band on for nearly 13 years and was a adult when banded. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190511_061848.jpg Views:	0 Size:	428.1 KB ID:	13386Click image for larger version  Name:	May102019 (1 of 7).jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.9 KB ID:	13387Click image for larger version  Name:	May102019 (7 of 7).jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.7 KB ID:	13388Click image for larger version  Name:	May102019 (2 of 7).jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.4 KB ID:	13389

Comment

Continued Congrats on the great hunts and band Reg!

I enjoy hunting solo, there isn’t any question on who shot what.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
                    Continued Congrats on the great hunts and band Reg!

I enjoy hunting solo, there isn’t any question on who shot what.
                    Thanks Ted, I agree with that... No questions about who killed what

Comment

Of course you got a band. Must be your magnetic personality. Congrats on a nice bird! Thanks for sharing.

Qac

Comment

Originally posted by Qac View Post
                        Of course you got a band. Must be your magnetic personality. Congrats on a nice bird! Thanks for sharing.

Qac
                        Thanks Qac, It probably has more to do with getting out 10 times this spring than my personality. People who know me well might might agree with you though. This was my 35th band that I have been blessed with.

Turned 58 this year so I have been hunting since I was 12 so I almost have a band for every year I have hunted.

I don't hunt as much now as I did when I was single but I still get out a adequate amount of times through out each season.

The autumn season I get out more because the waterfowl is available longer.

Comment

Working...
                        X