Name:	Isoday12 (69 of 7).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	652.3 KB
ID:	16242Click image for larger version

Name:	Isoday12 (71 of 7).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	677.8 KB
ID:	16241

Had a remarkable morning on my 12th hunt this spring..... Bird on the left was at least 16 years old, an adult bird when banded. Had the band on for 15 years. Bird on the right had the band on for 15 years and was a gosling when banded. I did not shot them out of the same flock they came in about 10 minutes apart and were band in two different locations in Nunavut.

It was just past Mothers Day, I have shot banded birds on Mothers day before... I believe my Mom in the heavens is pulling a few strings for me.
    I had watched this field for about a week before hunting it. the birds were feeding to close to the roost. Finally the right wind happened and I got into them really well.

I know of other resident hunters that have been out this spring with very limited success, shooting 8 to 12 birds with three and two shooters on average for 6 hunts. I have been very blessed with ample time to scout and scout and scout. That is the key to any good quality hunt...... Then all the rest of the details you have to do correct. Biggest detail most people relax on is their hide. Treat these birds with the greatest respect and you will be successful.

Those are some fine looking birds Brobones, all of them. Congratulations on those uncanny bands. Help from the heavens is always appreciated on several levels. Looks and sounds like you are living close to paradise right now. Best of luck on the rest of the season!

Comment

Wow, amazing hunt. I continue to bow to your greatness, the king. The Band Whisperer! I know your putting your time into doing everything right and that shows. Divine intervention, eh, mayyybeee... Maybe all that scouting your doing is really glassing for the field with the most banded birds. Upping your odds... Maybe it’s those “special “ glasses you wear. Some sort of military design no doubt, able to spot tiny metal objects at incredible distance... Maybe your psychic...I know, your like that guy in the X man movies (Magneto?) you can manipulate metal and they just attract to your magnetic personality. Pretty sure that’s it. 🤪

Just funnin Brobones, congrats again and thanks for sharing. Hope your going to have a video or two yet to come. I always look forward to them.

Qac

Comment

That is awesome, those blues are beautiful. Turkey season just ended and I'm still on withdrawals from that, looking at these makes the summer ahead look loooooooooong .... can't wait for next spring!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornstalks View Post
          Those are some fine looking birds Brobones, all of them. Congratulations on those uncanny bands. Help from the heavens is always appreciated on several levels. Looks and sounds like you are living close to paradise right now. Best of luck on the rest of the season!
          Thanks Cornstalks..... I find the spring birds are so much better looking then in the fall very plump. The band gypsy is on my side....

Comment

Originally posted by Qac View Post
            Wow, amazing hunt. I continue to bow to your greatness, the king. The Band Whisperer! I know your putting your time into doing everything right and that shows. Divine intervention, eh, mayyybeee... Maybe all that scouting your doing is really glassing for the field with the most banded birds. Upping your odds... Maybe it’s those “special “ glasses you wear. Some sort of military design no doubt, able to spot tiny metal objects at incredible distance... Maybe your psychic...I know, your like that guy in the X man movies (Magneto?) you can manipulate metal and they just attract to your magnetic personality. Pretty sure that’s it. 🤪

Just funnin Brobones, congrats again and thanks for sharing. Hope your going to have a video or two yet to come. I always look forward to them.

Qac
            LOL......... Like your comment, thanks for it...... I should have a few videos to come later on.... I have found in the spring I seem to shoot more bands... I know I have a streak going there as well, it would be around 14 years of shooting a band each year now.

Comment

Originally posted by jolle View Post
              That is awesome, those blues are beautiful. Turkey season just ended and I'm still on withdrawals from that, looking at these makes the summer ahead look loooooooooong .... can't wait for next spring!
              Thanks Jolle, at this time of the year the blues are so gorgeous..... Their white heads pop in the sun light like light bulbs turned on. Lots of birds are all ready on the Tundra. I have had many reports that good #s are in central Alaska all ready.

Comment

That's awesome Reg! 2 banded blues on same hunt, nice going!

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
                  That's awesome Reg! 2 banded blues on same hunt, nice going!
                  It was a remarkable morning..... If I was a bit more patient I could have shot 20 eagle heads... One never really knows how the hunt will turn out....
                  Thanks Ted...

Comment

Working...
                  X