No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok up here since last Friday. We have been running hard and doing ok. bird numbers tripled in the last few days. had a good shoot today with 41 snows and our specs. Lots of spec and snow juvies. I will try to report more too. Good luck to those coming north. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191007_112705.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	13937

Comment

• How far north of the border are you?

Comment

• just south of Saskatoon.

Comment

• Good work Oly1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly1 View Post
            just south of Saskatoon.
            That looks like more to the west with the hills and lack of trees, western snows not one blue in there and specs you shot... Looks more like Kindersley or Kerrobert area. Since I used to hunt out that many moons ago...
            I think you are trying to though peeps off of your area. If you are, don't mention any area. So I will call you out on this one!!!

I know my province and what birds travel where......

Comment

• Sorry I didn't have more blues in that picture and my vague location didn't pinpoint my location Reg so here is a picture with more blues. Had a great day today and interesting snow make up. Shot half snows and half Rossies had about 50% juvies for the rosses and with the snows we only had 2 juvies. That was a 20 spec and 60 snow day. Hope everyone else does well. We leave Saturday so will try to post more reports. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191008_133010(1).jpg
Views:	218
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	13950

Comment

• Outstanding!

Comment

• Good work on those eagle heads... still by the landscape you are west of the 106 longitude by ways

Comment

• Well today was the last day for Newbie 1 and Newbie 2 so let the boys play with all the decoys in the trailer. Big time Canada Goose hunters so tried their magic on the snows. Not the type of set I would have liked but oh well more than one way to bbq a steak. First thing we did was set up the chairs facing the roost and blew that out after the first couple vollies. Had a great field and the birds really wanted so knew it would work out OK and ended up with 93 so the boys were thrilled. They were already hooked on hunting snows but had to make them feel good to have a day like that. Best part is they had to be on the road by 12:00 to catch a flight and was a field loaded with rossies so cleaned and boxed our birds in 45 minutes. I think we set a record on those. Two more days for us. Click image for larger version  Name:	20191009_100429_HDR~3.jpg Views:	131 Size:	268.8 KB ID:	13955
                    Last edited by Oly1; 10-14-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Ok not much good news here. It was supposed to be 21° this morning and greater with a balmy 8°. You probably can guess the next part of the story, calm clear and lots of sunshine. Had 3 rossies dive in and save us from getting blanked so more of a decoy seiminar than goose hunting. Oh well can't change the weather. Going to try an afternoon hunt and sleep in tomorrow.

Comment

• Well went back to the same field the geese want and they played nice. Had just enough wind to make the decoys move and ended up with 30 geese for 2 guys. Just had breakfast and going to drive around and see if we can find some dumbies and then back to the hotel and pack for the trip home.

Comment

• nice work. glad somebodies getting into them. but that last pic seems a bit cropped. i can't pinpoint location without a background. however it's not barley so that narrows it down...................

Comment

• Looks like you're having some luck Oly. Congrats! What kind of a spread are you using?

Comment

• Sk report... just got back . There are way more juvies than last year. Ross geese seemed to have a good hatch. Major push wend from the north.

Comment

• Congrats Oly on a great hunt. Thanks for sharing and posting a few pictures. Looks like some nice birds for sure. Did you get a chance to video any of the action? Always nice to have that to view when the rest of the year is dragging on.

Qac

Comment

Working...
                                X