No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well finally made it home and can recap our trip. We had an interesting trip and had two newbies along that got to experience everything Canada has to offer. First day was wet and a pack in hunt. No Problem they said. Of course the pack in with Sillosocks is no problem, the 50 birds out of the field is another story. Things dried up and fields were drivable so thrilled about that. The information on juvie counts is lots of rossies and I mean I saw lots of pairs with 4 offspring. Some days we shot just rossies and others half snow, half ross. The snows we shot didn't have too many juvies and one day we shot 50 snows and had 2 juvies in the bunch. The boys were also treated to about 3 hours of snow one day and lights out shooting. As I mentioned the boys got to throw out the decoys and had a blast doing that. They flew out early so did some freelance hunting without decoys. Going to change things a little but more of the same. Geez n Quackers we are running a SS spread. Qac I had a treat this year one of the guys that came is a picture nut and he was shooting about 1500 pictures a day and also got footage on 5 Go Pros so will have videos to share soon. In the meantime here are some of his pictures and he also has an account on Instagram and look for "wicked_wingz" and here is a pretty cool video. Called 95 and out. They had to be at the airport that day and were not going to let them leave without cleaning the birds. We cleaned 95 birds in 45 minutes and set a new land speed record https://www.instagram.com/p/B3abReqlhN7/ . Check it out and also here are some of the pictures he took. Hope you enjoy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	13982Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	13983Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.0 KB ID:	13984Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	306.3 KB ID:	13985Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	333.4 KB ID:	13986
    Last edited by Oly1; 10-14-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Grest photos! Really like the mixture of specks and snows...don't see that often. Sweet shot on the rossies and love that top bird pose. Sounds like and from the hunt pics you posted you knocked it our of the park on this trip. Bet your two newbies are hooked for life! Nice job and looking forward to seeing the videos

Comment

• Thanks for the update. Congrats on the hunting. Having taking several first timers to hunt snows in Canada, there is nothing quite like their reaction. Always fun to experience that. Glad your "first-timers" got a good taste of it.

Comment

• great pics... what amazing looking birds.

Comment

• Outstanding photos!! Thanks for sharing them!

Comment

• I have to come back and keep looking at those pictures. Photos #2 and #3 have so many parallel lines that my mind is blown! Photo #4 is graceful chaos with lots of subtle parallel lines and photo #5 is Heavy on the Salt and light on the Pepper with a few birds with very long necks. Thanks for posting, f&g

Comment

• Well Oly, Brobones has a little competition I’d say. Your guy got some neat photos. I will say though that Brobones still wins as he is a master at capturing bands. I looked at your photos but didn’t see any bling. Still pretty cool and something to strive for in the future. Thanks for sharing and I’m glad you got a bunch of footage from the trip.

Qac

Comment

• Originally posted by Qac View Post
                  Well Oly, Brobones has a little competition I’d say. Your guy got some neat photos. I will say though that Brobones still wins as he is a master at capturing bands. I looked at your photos but didn’t see any bling. Still pretty cool and something to strive for in the future. Thanks for sharing and I’m glad you got a bunch of footage from the trip.

Qac
                  He did find some bands but still working on that. When he shoots 1,500 pictures a day a couple to go thru. More patients than I have I just want to shoot them and find the bands. We have not gotten one in 3 years. Crazy when we think about how many birds we have shot. The last one we got was 4 years ago and the very first bird of the trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X