Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update..

Comment

We leave on the 26th and will start in SD and work our way up to ND until we find good amounts of birds.

Comment

• Geez n Quackers
        Geez n Quackers commented
        Editing a comment
        The way this season is going you may have to work your way south... I hope.

• SoCal Waterfowler
        SoCal Waterfowler commented
        Editing a comment
        Even with the warm up coming next week?

• Geez n Quackers
        Geez n Quackers commented
        Editing a comment
        Comment was a little bit tongue-in-cheek referring to the rollercoaster weather we have been having.

My friends near Madison, SoDak said they have started to arrive. I tried to up load a video, but was unsuccessful. I imagine this week will be looking good there.

Comment

My friend got this one last night while pass shooing near Madison.

Comment

Where are the SoDak updates? Are you too busy killing them or sleeping in your blinds?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	BF68AC6D-8344-4A64-AE57-90ABDB0B5A21.jpg Views:	43 Size:	732.6 KB ID:	20950 Just got this. My friend’s hunt last Saturday near Madison. They said it was pretty spotty there.
            Last edited by Sarge; 03-22-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Still busy killing them. Birds have blowing through the state at a record based this year. But there are still birds to hunt, you just have to go find them

Comment

Thanks for the report Wapiti, hope you are in them really thick...

Comment

They say the spring snow goose season is over when the cranes show up. If that is the case, the fat lady saying her ass off today!

Comment

• Sarge
                    Sarge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It seems like a really short season there.

• Brobones
                    Brobones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I remember reading that many years ago, I have cranes by the middle of April and still shooting snows in the 2nd week of May. Bullock!!! at least in my area...

• nebgoosehunter
                    nebgoosehunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah the crane one doesn't hold much water for me in my area, but I can get on board with the season being completely done when the pelicans show up.

Got back from sd last night. Hunted Saturday pm through Tuesday am. Hunted an area I’ve always seen birds that I travel through to some of my regular areas but have never hunted since some of those spots have been so dry for a few years now. Found huntable bird numbers and after quite a while secured permission on a general traffic field. Just myself and my 11 year old son. Got enough of a spread set to hunt for about two hours Saturday pm with a cold north wind, skunk. Sunday am cold 11f north wind shot 1. Wind started swinging around to east and eventually se for the pm hunt. Early Sunday afternoon reset the spread and touched everything up for the se wind forecast through Tuesday am. Sunday pm hunt had brilliant sunshine and a good wind, birds worked great and was able to finish some groups nicely into the pocket. Had some stratosphere birds come down nicely until a feed built 1 mi ne of us. After that it was over with everything getting sucked in. Ended with 6 for Sunday. Monday and Tuesday had excessive sse winds gusting into the upper 30s which made the birds sit. Monday scratched out 6. Tuesday birds did get a little more active even with the heavy wind, I assume it was do to the falling pressure and weather moving in. Scratched out 3 Tuesday. 15 total for the trip. I imagine the birds in this area will stay in the holding pattern until the weather breaks in a few days. On my drive home I did see a few pelicans about 20 mi east of where I was hunting…. Looking forward to having my son be able to shoot also next year when he’ll be 12.

Comment

Comment

• jolle
                      jolle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Awesome that you got your son out to experience it, nothing like it. Congrats and hope you get some more this season.

Son-in-law hunting in SD. only 5 on Monday. 30 yesterday. Shot a whopping 166 this morning in the snow and wind. Half adults.

Saw dead birds along shorelines and in fields. Bird Flu. If they take it back to the Tundra, this could get a lot worse. Hope not.

Comment

• Brobones
                      Brobones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That was a epic this morning..... There is no reason why the bird flu will not make it up into the tundra. I am sure there will be a major devastation to their general population. Since these geese like to sit in big groups it will just continue to kill them.

The one thing about happening up there is there will be little to no info about it.

• Cornstalks
                      Cornstalks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Die hards in those conditions this morning and they were rewarded. That's great!

• Sarge
                      Sarge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Outstanding morning for them. Kind of unusual for that kind of weather? Sad to hear about the Bird Flu problem

Seen a few posts that they are still killing them in SD, that seems very late in the season. The crazy weather really buggered things up IMO!!

Comment

• whitey11
                      whitey11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Been seeing some real nice shoots on FB from SD supposedly.
                  Working...
                  X