• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas 2022-23

Starting the fall thread

So far its very dry out there.....

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Curre...onitor.aspx?KS

Comment

We need water. Many ponds are dry or close. I was on a 300+ acre grass fire yesterday. Its very very dry here.

Comment

• Cornstalks
        Cornstalks commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe Monday night

Got 1.1" and thankful for it. A long way to go.

Comment

We got 1.9" last night. Im out here deer hunting and can hear snow geese flying over

Comment

Saw my first wave of snows fly south today. Some specks and Canadas were going south also. First wave of mallards dropped out of the Skys also this morning.

Deer are not moving very much however. Fish are biting. All and all, today was a great day to be outside observing the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansasgoose View Post
            Saw my first wave of snows fly south today. Some specks and Canadas were going south also. First wave of mallards dropped out of the Skys also this morning.

Deer are not moving very much however. Fish are biting. All and all, today was a great day to be outside observing the world.
            Yep we have been putting the hurt on crappie. Deer have been very slow. Had one in the rain the other day I debated on but let him go. Saw 1 deer tonight out of my best stand...

Comment

Got my buck tonight. Alot of snows in the air. We found the feed field but its leased.

Comment

Lots of geese moving. Had a bang up duck hunt today. My young dog also has figured it out and made her first retrieve on a duck after 2 years of me taking her along.

Comment

• Qac
                  Qac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats on the buck-n-duck hunts! Good stuff.

Qac

• jolle
                  jolle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very cool on the dog, and the deer. Hope season continues well for you and you get into the snows soon.

• Cornstalks
                  Cornstalks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good looking buck And so it begins with hopefully thousands of retrieves and memories for you and the young dog

They dont let anyone hunt but birds are around.

Comment

Seems like we lost ducks in this cold snap and gained geese. Gonna warm up next week. Today was the first day of my vacation and I spent it getting the duck blind on the pond ready. Saw snows in another field they dont allow hunting in and numbers have increased.

Comment

• Qac
                    Qac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thatguy,
                    Have you tried to get into a field right next to the one the snows are on? I have had decent luck at times trafficking birds and or getting birds that are repositioning to come and give us a look. It can be effective and maybe even allow for multiple hunts as in most cases you won't run the birds off the X. Just a thought.

Qac

Broke ice today about 11. Luckily somebody had tried it earlier that morning. Didnt see anything till 1430. It was slow but steady. Should've had Uncategorized Groups but couldn't shoot suddenly. I'll be crappie fishing the next 2 days.

Comment

Snows and ducks are flying low over me to feed in the evenings. I am going to hunt my pond tomorrow evening. I found the feed field for snows this morning but an outfitter found it first. Meanwhile we are doing pretty good on the crappie.

Comment

Got a drake mallard off my pond yesterday. Caught a mess of crappie today. Lots of dead snow geese being found on the roosts. Looks like mother nature is going to take care of the snow goose issue.

Comment

Found em

Comment

• Cornstalks
                          Cornstalks commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's a good bunch!
                      Working...
                      X