Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on day 3 Reg! Keep it up!

Comment

Great results. I would imagine that the pressure is pretty minimal which is great for you and the birds. You are in a great spot and I know the birds are able to relax at least a little bit up there.
      They can afford a few casualties. 👍
      Keep after them, appreciate the reports.

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually with so many locals out of work with COVID-19 it is pretty busy out there. Busier than I thought. Not many guys are running large spreads but they are out there.

Reg
      Thanks for all the updates. Looks like you are doing well. How do you like the migrator hunting compared to the "X" hunting? I am actually a little surprised that you are taking the time to look for a hot field with the migrator hunting as good as it is. Hope you are able to get a hunt in with Dan. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not used to setting up decoys were the geese have not been the day before so shooting migrators is still a learning experience. Dan will not be joining me because of covid-19. I will not be hunting next to anyone till social distancing is removed in my province. Thanks KG

fun to see you getting em.seems like a offal long time ago when we were hunting them.early march.we are about done plantin corn and havin to mow the lawn weekly and you are still talkin spring thaw.be careful and enjoy the hunt.bad dog

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter is just finally leaving us don't have to go very far north of me to still have snow in the ditches fields and trees. Thanks bad dog

From just your pictures and reports Reg, it just seems almost too easy! I'm sure it's not. You're putting in the work. They're not juvies having never seen a decoy spread any longer. But dang! It's just not common down here anywhere to go out and regularly have a solo limit (or 20 bird hunt). Keep it up though. Love hearing of your success.
      Last edited by Geez n Quackers; 04-27-2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        Easy is a word that belongs next to relative!!! With less pressure the birds are more relaxed for sure you still have to do all the things right to kill geese. Here is a quote from a guy I hunted with that lived in Nebraska. "A snow goose is a snow goose is a snow goose." :)
        One other thing is I have been hunting exclusively snow geese for 20 plus years, I have paid my dues and learned many things that I apply every hunt. If you think it is easy you are sadly mistaken I earn every bird I get in gun range.
        Last edited by Brobones; 04-26-2020, 05:02 PM.

Glad they are doing it right for you Reg. As bad dog says it seems almost strange because it's almost full blown summer down here. It's times like this I hate my job the most because I just want to follow them all the way to the arctic circle. I'm happy and envious for you for living the dream right now. Hope they give you another weeks worth

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks CornStalks.... we had a good amount of snow yesterday. Birds have cleared out for the most part to more northern destinations.

safe to say we are all enjoying your reports Brobones! i am just west of St Louis, MO. my last hunt was on March 21, which really wasn't all that long ago when you think about everything that has gone on and it was a straggler pod of juvies and we had a blast. My 10 yr old son shot his first snow which was an awesome weekend.
      but now, its hot here in MO :-) (for a North Dakota boy) and we've mowed our lawn for the 3rd time, my april 10 sweet corn planting is 2-3 inches tall (5-8 cm ha ha! ).

I have friends in nodak who are planting wheat and others who are still watching ice go off the bigger lakes. always interesting to observe mother natures stages. I saw a doz blue wing teal down here just the other day!

one of these years i'm gonna take time to go up that way in april to hunt snows back in NoDak. i know of guys doing quite well in nodak right now also.

You mention a number of guys out hunting but not a lot of big spreads. what size spread is big or not to you or the ones you are observing? just curious.

keep after them and have a safe and awesome rest of your season!
      MODAKR

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks MODAKR ... Now your name makes sense.....:)

Had a great day a few days back got this banded blue that banded in 2016 and was hatched before 2015. I was picking on blues as one might be able to gather from the blues in the pile[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tISODay8-2.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t653.3 KB ID:\t16210","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"16210","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

• Brobones
        Brobones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks you guys.. Appreciate the comments :)

• Kansasgoose
        Kansasgoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Only 2 snows and 18 blues, that's pretty cool. Only one Juvy, that's truly impressive!!!
        The band is pretty cool too :)

Most people would give their left arm for a limit like that, congrats on a great hunt.

• jolle
        jolle commented
        Editing a comment
        Feels like forever ago that we shot birds in late March in MO, so these pics always seem crazy that birds are still being killed. I'm sure you feel the same when we're posting pics in Feb. Congrats, wish I was still after them.

Great hunt. 👍

Comment

Thanks Hillbilly... it was a great day...

Comment

Keep it up Reg! Liking all those mature blues!

Congrats on the banded blue!

Comment

[QUOTE=twdjr;n16250]Keep it up Reg! Liking all those mature blues!

Congrats on the banded blue![/QUOTE]

Thanks Ted... They are all out of the province now and up to the coastline of the Nunavut... It was a great spring season for me...

Comment

Reg, Congrats on the great season and thanks for sharing the hunts!

Comment

• Brobones
                Brobones commented
                Editing a comment
                You are very welcome..............

That is an incredible hunt with a great picture. A once in a lifetime event. Thanks for posting and sharing the event.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sarge;n16255]That is an incredible hunt with a great picture. A once in a lifetime event. Thanks for posting and sharing the event. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Sarge.... it was a fantastic day. A day that many snow geese hunters dream of.

Comment

Working...
                X