Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am holding out hope that we have an event like last year that chased the birds hung up around the Iowa/Missouri line all the way to Arkansas. Of course they pretty much had a cup of coffee and headed back to central MO, but at least they made it south.

Comment

I think I can remember like 3 different resets last year. By the time of the last one, I think it was March 10th or 11th, they all came at once.

Comment

One main difference from last year, is the lack of corn in the bottom. Last year there was basically miles of unharvested corn flooded to the ears around Hyw 2 in southwest Iowa. Why go south when you have food warm temps and a large refuge.

Comment

Originally posted by mo4NU View Post
          One main difference from last year, is the lack of corn in the bottom. Last year there was basically miles of unharvested corn flooded to the ears around Hyw 2 in southwest Iowa. Why go south when you have food warm temps and a large refuge.
          we had a great fall last year.most of that bottom this year is weeds and saplings.bad dog

Comment

Looks like we are finally getting some winter weather. I imagine most of the snows around Canton/Havana will get pushed back south. Hopefully till after the 1st!

Comment

Ehh, winter has started. Plenty too much freezing rain made an ice layer and now about 4 inches of snow and just a little more freezing rain on top to make it crusty. Saw some local Canada's V'ed up and headed south yesterday in the big wind. I had hoped to get on a speck or two and maybe a lost snow but ever since I loaded up my truck with some gear the weather has been terrible. Oh well, guess I will be patient and try not to spend to much time or money on the internet sales right now.

Qac

Comment

i saw a flock of snows flying south this morning about 40 miles west of STL. i rarely see migrating birds here. makes me think it has to be the frigid temps making them go... hopefully they all get pushed down south of us

Comment

Yesterday was a migration day for sure. Specks and small geese headed southeast from 4pm -after dark. I think the cold that has not allowed the melting of the ice covering the ground and most food probably triggered it. Even my dog hates walking on our lawn to do his business.

Our town honker group probably doubled to maybe a little more.

Comment

Working...
                  X