Missouri 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri 2020

T-10 days and counting for MO. This weekend Arkansas, Mississippi, and southern Illinois get to start after them, and sounds like a bunch moved down there with the weather in the last two weeks. The forecast warmup for the weekend may bring some back.

In mid-MO I've been seeing specks and some snows moving around the last few days, going all different directions. The snow line is about middle of the state at the moment so I guess they're looking around and traveling along it. I'm still working on some of the gear, but I'm ready to go as well.

Some nice feeds being spotted in the sw part of the state

Comment

Plenty flying north the past 2 days through eastern MO. This upcoming front and 10 day forecast looks like it may slow down the front birds.

Comment

with the big migration days we saw last weekend and a friend hunted darks yesterday about an hour east of KC who said he saw constant flocks of snows moving north, is anyone seeing snow numbers building in MO ? i'd think NW MO is getting some? they missed the snow we got here on east side this week...

Comment

Muddy Mess in the Heel

Comment

• MODAKR
            MODAKR commented
            Editing a comment
            i can imagine! its a muddy mess everywhere. the 2-3inches of snow we got here just west of STL is starting to melt off but its still soft underneath. arkansas looks to be a muddy mess as well but they seem to be killing a few

Quite a few mid missouri. This morning they were going all different directions. This afternoon mostly westward but a few going north

Comment

It has gone real quiet here....is everyone in the garage finishing up the gear pile?

I saw a few small flocks along miss river this evening. Big snow flakes coming down now.

Comment

Heard it is hot in MO today?? Anyone confirm?

Comment

Lots of birds moving all different directions. Some big feeds and large like 2-5 miles long groups moving. They weren't interested in our set though in a disced field.

Comment

Tough old ones. Not many playing nice.... Go figure

Comment

Saw a thousand or two along the miss river on the east side, some on the ground and some in the air. I wasnt hunting them today, next weekend will give it a try somewhere.

Comment

Well I can not tell you where they are...but I can tell you they were not anywhere close to me in the Missouri river bottoms Saturday Morning in northwest mo.

I did see 7 honkers and about a 50-70 strong murder of crows that would stay just far enough away to not get shot. I had my plug in just in case.

Comment

Saw Squaw had 500,000 reported in the last count. Anyone having any luck? Think they will stick it out during this snow/cold snap?

Comment

• Kansasgoose
                          Kansasgoose commented
                          Editing a comment
                          forecast says 60 Monday, I don't see them staying this far south very long.

Wandering flocks of birds headed all directions over St. Louis last night and this morning. I'm sure they'll turn back north with the warm front over the weekend.

Comment

I was at my pit south of Squaw Creek most of yesterday afternoon just getting some things ready. Beautiful day! Mild and light south wind. Not a lot of snows in the area but late afternoon a couple of small feeds gathered a mile or so east and another one a mile north of me. Maybe a couple thousand in each. I saw about six flocks of migrators over the course of the afternoon. Largest had maybe 300 birds. Two of the flocks that went north appeared (just judging by size of flock) to come back over headed south an hour or so later.

I was surprise how many whitefronts were in the area.

Comment

Working...
                          X