This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas 2015-2016

Post your migration and hunting reports for Arkansas 2015-2016 here!

Monday was slow with not much around...Tuesday was a good migration day. lots of birds flying north with the SE wind...Wednesday we seen some from the south but most birds all morning came back from the north...Lots of juvies in the area around Jonesboro...Most guys killed 20ish a day with a few higher amounts...Not a lot of birds but plenty to hunt in the area...It was 70 sunday - tuesday so it was a shook to my system when I got home this morning to 22 degrees...I almost got back in my truck and went back south HA...
    Great time for my first time in Arkansas, I will be back...

Comment

Glad to hear you are seeing a good number of juvies after all the reports of a below average hatch. I've noticed a decent number of juvies as well in the population that is wintering in my area.

Comment

We've been in Ar since last Sunday. Opening was decent for us, lots of juvies. Tues we had a strong south wind and warm temps, we watched a lot of high fliers that day with some spinning out to give us action.

Weds morning from 7-8:30 we watched geese lift off from the surrounding area and leave, and that was a wrap. It got very slow for us after that. We looked around and found no decent concentrations of birds around us. We put some miles down and found some decent feeds but nothing we could get access to.

Yesterday while driving around we found that several flocks had moved back into our area. So now we'll just have to see how this pans out.

Comment

Hunted the Wynne, Ark.area Feb. 1-5 . Birds are on constant move in that area. Juvie count was decent , averaged 42 birds a day , wish we could have stayed longer but back to De. to chase them at home

Comment

Encouraging to hear there are some juvies being sighted. Come on up.

Comment

Very few juvies make it back up to Canada to shoot in the spring, but we do get the first kick at them here in the fall.. Good average Golden Gooser...

Comment

Hunted ne Arkansas Saturday through Monday plenty of bird's not very many juveniles or Ross locals say the bird's had only been in that area for a day with warm up and stiff wind they'll be north bound looking for corn didn't seem to be much for food for them to eat Heading to central Missouri tommrow see what showed up

Comment

Any reports of juvie numbers?

Comment

No birds left in arkansas??? Juvies? Surely it's not over this early in arkie

Comment

Working...
                    X